Neighborhood kids join us each Monday during the school year to work on reading, math and homework – kids learn a lot better with a full stomach. Smart Sacks provides a healthy “on the go” snack each week. Preparing these sacks is a perfect mission/outreach project for a group that wants to do something tangible to help their neighbor. We are looking for volunteers (Sunday school classes, small groups, families) who would purchase and put together 30 sack snacks. This can be done one time or on a more consistent basis.
Fruits and/or vegetables
Salty snack – a small bag of Chex Mix, popcorn, pretzels or Goldfish crackers (1/3 cup)
One small dessert per child – one small cookie
Small bottle of water
- No chips
- No large desserts
- No soda or sugary drinks
- If you are making meat/cheese sandwiches please leave them dry (no mayo or mustard). Thanks!
- You can drop off the sacks at the church between 4:00 and 4:30 each Monday afternoon.
- Our goal is to feed all of our kids and also have some extra sacks available for adult tutors who might need a snack. Each week we will need 30 Sack Snacks. Any snacks that aren’t eaten will be sent home with kids to share with their families.
- Please read our Sack Snack Info before you come. It includes helpful details, policies and ideas.
- And finally…Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! You help keep our little light shining.
Available dates (marked as OPEN) are listed below:
|Monday Smart Sacks
January 13: Barlow
January 20: Sharon Gipe
January 27: Linda Caton
February 3: Kaemingk
February 24: Emily Rotta
March 2: Jan Spond
March 16: Jan Spond
April 6: Emily Rotta
April 20: Shirley Brown
Questions? Please contact us.