We offer a year-round hot and healthy meal program for our neighborhood kids and are looking for volunteers (Sunday school classes, small groups, families) who would purchase, prepare and serve a healthy meal to kids and adult helpers who come to our programs. This can be done one time or on a more consistent basis. Our goal is to serve child-friendly meals that are healthy.
Fruits and/or vegetables
One small dessert per child
Please read our Meal Provider Info Sheet before you sign up or if you would like more information. It includes helpful details, policies and meal ideas.
- No Chips (we’re trying to create a chip/soda free zone to encourage healthy eating)
- No Drinks – our kids are in the great habit of drinking water with their meals
- Small portion sizes
- Our goal is to have dinner ready at 5:00 each evening.
- We have a full kitchen and provide all the plates, cups and utensils.
- Please be prepared to feed 20-30 people including kids and adult staff.
- You are welcome to bring your own children. We encourage children ages 4-12 to join our neighborhood kids in the on-going activities happening at the church while you are preparing and serving the meal. We ask that children younger than 4 stay in the food prep area.
- Please keep your serving group to 8 people or less (including children). If you are looking for a project a larger group can help with, please check out Smart Sacks.
- All meals are served at First Avenue Church – 120 W. 1st Ave.
- And finally…Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! You help keep our little light shining.
Available dates (marked as OPEN) are listed below:
September 27: OPEN
October 4: OPEN
October 11: Lisa Warren
October 18: Sharon & Randy Gipe
October 25: Brinks/Bruce/Oertli/Joynt
November 1: Wager Small Group
November 8: Emily Rotta
November 15: Lifelines Bible Study
November 29: OPEN
December 6: Kaemingks
December 13: Bridget Dornbirer
September 28: Lisa Warren
October 5: Julie Woodman
October 12: Cathy Hitch
October 19: OPEN
October 26: Happy Daze V7
November 2: OPEN
November 9: Cathy Hitch
November 16: Julie Woodman
November 30: OPEN
December 7: CCD Wash Park Group
December 14: Cathy Hitch
Questions? Please contact us.