We offer a year-round hot and healthy meal program for our neighborhood kids and are looking for volunteers (Sunday school classes, small groups, families) who would purchase, prepare and serve a healthy meal to kids and adult helpers who come to our programs. This can be done one time or on a more consistent basis. Our goal is to serve child-friendly meals that are healthy.
Fruits and/or vegetables
One small dessert per child
Please read our Meal Provider Info Sheet before you sign up or if you would like more information. It includes helpful details, policies and meal ideas.
- No Chips (we’re trying to create a chip/soda free zone to encourage healthy eating)
- No Drinks – our kids are in the great habit of drinking water with their meals
- Small portion sizes
- Our goal is to have dinner ready at 5:00 each evening.
- We have a full kitchen and provide all the plates, cups and utensils.
- Please be prepared to feed 20-30 people including kids and adult staff.
- You are welcome to bring your own children. We encourage children ages 4-12 to join our neighborhood kids in the on-going activities happening at the church while you are preparing and serving the meal. We ask that children younger than 4 stay in the food prep area.
- Please keep your serving group to 8 people or less (including children). If you are looking for a project a larger group can help with, please check out Smart Sacks.
- All meals are served at First Avenue Church – 120 W. 1st Ave.
- And finally…Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! You help keep our little light shining.
Available dates (marked as OPEN) are listed below:
September 26: OPEN
October 3: Ray & Shirley Brown
October 10: OPEN
October 17: OPEN
October 24: OPEN
October 31: No Street Church
November 7: Kaemingks
November 14: OPEN
November 28: OPEN
December 5: Kaemingks
December 12: OPEN
September 27: OPEN
October 4: Kaemingks
October 11: OPEN
October 18: OPEN
October 25: Happy Daze V7PC
November 1: OPEN
November 8: Ray & Shirley Brown
November 15: Red Rocks Life Group
November 29: OPEN
December 6: OPEN
December 13: OPEN
Questions? Please contact us.