We offer a year-round hot meal program for our neighborhood kids and are looking for volunteers who will purchase, prepare and serve a healthy meal to kids and adult helpers who come to our programs. This can be done one time or on a more consistent basis. Our goal is to serve child-friendly meals that are healthy.
Fruits and/or vegetables
One small dessert per child
Please read our Meal Provider Info Sheet before you sign up or if you would like more information. It includes helpful details, policies and meal ideas.
- No Chips (we’re trying to create a chip/soda free zone to encourage healthy eating)
- No Drinks – our kids are in the great habit of drinking water with their meals
- Small portion sizes
- Our goal is to have dinner ready at 5:00 each evening.
- We have a full kitchen and provide all the plates, cups and utensils.
- Please be prepared to feed 20-30 people including kids and adult staff.
- If you bring your own school-aged children they are encouraged to join our kids at club while you are preparing and serving the meal. Children younger than 4 need to stay in the serving area (kitchen).
- Please no more than six people in your serving group. Our ministry is small on purpose and we don’t want to overwhelm our kids with too many new faces. If you need a project for a larger group, please check out Smart Sacks.
- We so appreciate you preparing and serving a meal for us. We ask that our servers stay in the serving area once our kids arrive.
- All meals are served at First Avenue Church – 120 W. 1st Ave.
- And finally…Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! You help keep our little light shining.
Available dates (marked as OPEN) are listed below:
Jun 5: OPEN
Jun 12: Rotta
Jun 19: Life Lines
Jun 26: OPEN
Jul 3: OPEN
Jul 10: OPEN
Jul 17: OPEN
Jul 24: OPEN
Jun 6: Cathy Hitch
Jun 13: Browns
Jun 20: Cathy Hitch
Jun 27: Cathy Hitch
Jul 2 (Tue): OPEN
Jul 11: Browns
Jul 18: Nielsen/Whiteman
Jul 25: Cathy Hitch
Questions? Please contact us.